Following the 1st International Conference held in Venice (May 2017), and the endorsement of UNESCO-IHP Bureau (55th Session, June 2017), the 2nd International Conference of the Global Network of Water Museums this year takes place in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands, from 14 to 18 May .
The Agenda of the 2nd Conference foresees:
• Specific projects related to Education, Research and SDGs will be adopted by the Network
• Presentations of new water museums in dedicated sessions
• Presentation and launch of the new web site www.watermuseums.net
• Definition of internal coordination mechanism and of three working groups on Education, Research and SDGs
• Exchange of experience concerning projects related to implementation of SDG n.6 (Water and Sanitation)
The Conference is held in ‘s-Hertogenbosch (NL), and is supported by the International Hydrological Programme of UNESCO and by the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe (Venice), and is organized by Kring Vrienden van ‘s-Hertogenbosch (Netherlands), Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and Civiltà dell’Acqua International Centre (Italy), with the endorsement of the Netherlands National IHP-HWRP Committee.