WAMU-NET contribution to OMA (Ontario Museum Association) Conference
This year’s theme of the OMA Annual Conference, 'Changing Directions: Practice over Permanence', embodied the changing nature of museums and focused on what museums are currently doing, rather than what they might do in the future.
On November 21, 2022, museum professionals and cultural leaders gathered online for a full day of interactive conference sessions on the OMA Conference online portal, where they were interacted with fellow attendees, speakers, and partners and exhibitors.
At this occasion, the Global Network of Water Museums held a session on 'Building Purpose with the UN Sustainable Development Goals: the Global Network of Water Museums', with:
- Daniel Travers, Senior Exhibit Developer, Canadian Museum of Water
- Eriberto Eulisse, Director, Global Network of Water Museums
- Gisela Herrerías Guerra, Educational Director, Alternatives and Processes for Social Participation
- Ian Kerr-Wilson, Chair, Beach Canal Lighthouse Group
- Raúl Hernández Garciadiego, Director General, Alternatives and Processes for Social Participation
This session examined sustainability as a concept to strengthen a museum and its relationship to place and community, using the Canadian Museum of Water and the UNESCO-sponsored Global Network of Water Museums as case studies.
Download the complete program of the conference at the following link.
Watch the session below.